Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tasteful Tuesday: Super Easy Sandwich Cookies

This idea came from Danelle over at Let's Dish. Her recipe was for red velvet sandwich cookies with cream cheese icing. However, since I needed a kid friendly dessert for tonight, I altered her recipe for chocolate sandwiches instead.

1 box of chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 C. oil
2 Tablespoons of flour

Preheat over to 350. Mix all ingredients together and drop by tablespoonful on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Let cool. Add a heaping tablespoon of your favorite icing to one cookie and top with another.

Total time: 1 hour (from mixing to finished product)

I found that when dealing with the icing, twisting the top cookie as I created the sandwich helped the icing spread onto the cookie evenly and with neat edges. I'm usually a very messy ice-er. I also used a Pampered Chef cookie dropper and it made just the right sized cookies and dropped the perfect amount of icing on the cookies.

To make it a little more exciting for kids, I rolled some of the cookies in different sprinkles.

Aren't they cute? Hope the kiddos enjoy these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Former Army wife, clinical psychology student, quilt creator, medical enthusiast, recipe hunter