Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunflowers and Sunshine

Today was a beautiful day to sit outside... and study. The weather has finally warmed up and I feel like I can finally reveal my spring break quilt. I was tired of all the rain, snow, and cold so I spent my spring break in a pile of colorful fabric--far away from the blues and greys of winter.

This comes from the April 2006 McCall's Quilting Magazine, Stars All Around pattern:


Forgive me for the lack of up-close pictures on the star detail. I'm still getting used to photographing. The outer border and center of the stars are made from a sunflower fabric. I have plenty of leftover scraps that I am going to make some pillows out of the star blocks. 

The little dog in the corner? She is convinced that the quilt is for her. She already has her own dog quilt, fleece jackets, and a dog bed. Sorry pup, this one's for the humans.  

After relishing in all the sunny yellows, oranges, and greens, the weather man had to announce that another winter storm was named tonight. Are you kidding me? It's the middle of April!!

Wishing you all the best this week! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Former Army wife, clinical psychology student, quilt creator, medical enthusiast, recipe hunter